Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Making a Blog


Completing this assignment was quite a challenge. We celebrated my parent's 40th. Wedding Anniversary with a beautiful reception and dance on the 20th. Two-three days later, we survived Hurricane Dolly here in Brownsville mainly because I was on a family road trip for the past 8-9 days! Nevertheless, the family who stayed behind is safe and the only thing was that our wooden fence on one side of our house was knocked down. Can be fixed! No biggy! As we were driving through our beautiful country: Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, back through Missouri.... back to our great Lone Star State...I read, read, and read. I even found that I read some books I didn't have to read anymore from the given lists; Safe and Hold Up! HA! Awesome books though. By the way, here is a picture of my family and me at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway! Regardless the fact that reading some of those young adult books were hard to read due to the content; way out of my comfort zone my favorite was Touching Snow. I highly recommend it!
I know much of of the content found is this book is reality in many of our students lives but like I mentioned in some of my blogs being a parent we just wish our children were safer and didn't have anything or anyone hurting them.

No comments: