Tuesday, July 8, 2008

2008 Printz Honor Book


One Whole and Perfect Day by Judith Clarke. What would you consider "one whole and perfect day"? It's funny because I am presently preparing for my parent's 40th. wedding anniversary. Of course I am wishing for that "one whole and perfect day". But I guess I'll let you all know later, when it's over and done with. Just like Lily, and most of us, we all have someone wacky in our family or someone who can't get along with someone else in the family. I can see how that can be worrysome. Believe me, I'm losing sleep over that! In this story, May is preparing a party for Pop's 80th. birthday. For this day, Lily hopes everything comes together for at least that day. But before this happens, she tries to have Pop and her brother Lonnie work out their differences. She worries her mother is going bring along old people she cares for and is always bringing home with her. Lonnie has a girlfriend that might just not be someone well accepted.

This story really reminded me of myself. I tend to also worry too much over things I have no control over. I read this somewhere, but I don't seem to remember where: Worrying is like rocking yourself on a rocking chair; you're moving but not getting anywhere!

No comments: